- Smith, Amy Erica. 2019. Religion and Brazilian Democracy: Mobilizing the People of God. Forthcoming, Cambridge University Press.
Articles and Chapters
- Boas, Taylor, and Amy Erica Smith. 2019. Looks Like Me, Thinks Like Me? Descriptive Representation and Opinion Congruence in Brazil. Latin American Research Review. *Appendix
- Al Subhi, Ahlam Khalfan, and Amy Erica Smith. 2019. Electing Women to New Arab Assemblies: The Roles of Gender Ideology, Islam, and Tribalism in Oman. International Political Science Review.
- Smith, Amy Erica. 2018. “Religion, Politics, and the Secular State.” Routledge Handbook of Brazilian Politics.
- Smith, Amy Erica. 2017. Democratic Talk in Church: Religion and Political Socialization in the Context of Urban Inequality. World Development.
- Smith, Amy Erica. 2016. When Clergy are Threatened: Catholic and Protestant Leaders and Political Activism in Brazil. Politics and Religion. *Replication materials
- Boas, Taylor, and Amy Erica Smith. 2015. Religion and the Latin American Voter. In The Latin American Voter, eds. Ryan Carlin, Matthew Singer, and Liz Zechmeister. University of Michigan Press. *Supplemental materials and replication files for the book
- Smith, Amy Erica. 2014. Pastors and Politics: Brazilian Public Opinion Regarding Clergy Endorsements of Candidates. AmericasBarometer Insights 113. *Replication code.
- Smith, Amy Erica. “Authoritarianism and Church Influence on Ideology and Behavior.”
- Smith, Amy Erica, and Emma Rosenberg. “What Drives Religious Politicking?”