Latin American Politics:
- In Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro’s victory may mean further shifts in tolerance and moderation (Monkey Cage blog, The Washington Post, 2 November 2018)
- Com Bolsonaro, evangélicos passam do veto à proposição da agenda de costumes (Interview in El País, 30 October 2018)
- Did Brazilians vote against democracy on Sunday? (Mischiefs of Faction blog, Vox, October 30, 2018).
- Brazilian media report that police are entering university classrooms to interrogate professors. (Mischiefs of Faction blog, Vox, October 26, 2018).
- Eleições 2018: os valores e ‘boatos’ que conduzem evangélicos a Bolsonaro (Interview in BBC Brasil, 23 October 2018)
- “Ideologia de gênero” é o que mais mobiliza eleitor evangélico
(Interview in Deutsche Welle, 19 October 2018)
- Top Pentecostal Leaders Supported the Far Right in Brazil’s Presidential Campaign. (Mischiefs of Faction blog, Vox, 8 October 2018).
- Why Catholic Countries Are Suddenly Debating Abortion (Mischiefs of Faction blog, Vox, 9 August 2018)
- Could Corruption Investigations Undermine Democracy in Latin America? (Mischiefs of Faction blog, Vox, 17 May 2108)
- Is Costa Rica’s Presidential Election a Victory for Liberalism? (Mischiefs of Faction blog, Vox, 2 April 2018)
- Signs of Democratic Demise in Latin America (this is my first post for a new monthly gig for the Mischiefs of Faction blog on Vox, 14 February 2018)
- Brazil’s Crisis: How Fighting Corruption Could Imperil Political Stability (Interview in The New York Times, 27 May 2017)
- All Impeachments are Political. (Interview in The New York Times, 1 September 2016)
- Here’s What Citizens Who Vote for Authoritarians Have in Common (Monkey Cage Blog, The Washington Post, 2 November 2016)
- Is the Impeachment Trial of Brazil’s Dilma Rousseff a Coup? (Monkey Cage Blog, The Washington Post, 20 April 2016)
US Politics and Foreign Affairs:
Religion and Politics:
- Profile on my work at the Kellogg Institute for International Studies at the University of Notre Dame (15 June 2017)