I do a lot of stuff that’s not academia, it seems. In November 2021, I won a seat on the Ames Community School Board. I’m also seriously engaged in creative writing with my dear friend R. Lilith Jeffrey.
Social Media: You can follow me on Twitter, but I warn that I tweet about lots of stuff besides my research.
Current Favorite Authors: N.K. Jemisin — but also enjoying Brandon Sanderson’s epic fiction, which I’m reading with two young family members. I’m having a great time teaching Ministry for the Future and Parable of the Sower.
Your life may get very slightly better if you click on any of the following links:
- “Your human subjects are awful.“
- The Unsuccessful Self-Treatment of a Case of Writer’s Block
- The Clickbait-Corrected P-Value
- Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilized Irrespective of Necessity
- Quantum Political Scientists Hypothesize Country is Headed in Both Right and Wrong Directions Simultaneously
- Learning to Love Rejection
- CV of Failures. I’m proud to say my own Shadow CV is much longer, but I’m not ready to publish it yet. Sigh.
- On moral complexity and incontinent toads
- Credo of a ‘Reasonable Choice’ Modeler. I’m not a game theorist, but I endorse this Wuffle’s waffling. Most people are rational a lot of the time, except when they’re not. What’s rational in each set of circumstances often looks a lot different from what the homo economicus strawman would do.
- “Sit by a Lake?”